AddictedToYou
And at last, the weekend rolls around.

It's been long enough coming, but it's one of those weekends that I'm just not looking forward to. Which is a shame really, because it should be the absolute highlight of my life. I'm beginning to think I'm very unsociable for a teenager because I never seem to want to go to parties. A particular type of party. I've an eighteenth this weekend, and the best way of describing what it's going to be like is to think of 'My Super Sweet 16'. It's in a hotel with the birthday boy arriving in a limo and all that jazz. Which is fine, but it's just not an intimate get together where one can get trashed and lie out in the back garden if one feels one should behave in such a manner. I like those kinda parties.

Instead I must spend tomorrow trekking the town looking for something to wear. And shit! I just remembered I'll have to spend tonight pouring bottles of fake tan over my pasty Irish skin. Ugghhh. And I'll also have to go find a birthday present. Why oh why do people have parties I ask myself? And on top of all the hassle I've to go to, I don't think this event is going to be all that. For some, no doubt, it will. However I won't know many people there and there's some stoopid thing with under 18s having to wear a band so they can't buy drink. Looks like I'm in for a night of sitting in the corner with my best friend. Oh the joys of the infamous '18th Season'.

In other news, I have tennis later on. I think it's time to start worrying when an hour of physical exertion becomes one of the highlights of my weekend. My so-called friends no longer frequent the city centre as we did all summer, leading to caffeine cravings for me, unless I choose to go for coffee on my own, which frankly just isn't the same.

I should really do a bit of work this weekend too. Next week is the last week of school, so there'll be a couple of tests no doubt, commencing with Business Unit 1 on Monday. The Mid-Term can't come quick enough. I am both physically and emotionally exhausted. Well not really, just fed up of school, so academically exhausted then. I just need a chance to go out and SLEEP IN! Inevitably though, it will go all too fast and I will end up even more stressed than I am now.

Gotta go change now, eat some food and go run around a court for an hour. I love my life.
0 Responses

Post a Comment