AddictedToYou
A friend of mine recently told me how her parents had washed their hands of her. Didn't sound too appealing to be honest...I mean my life has to be financed in some way. Yesterday though, it sort of happened for me. I went into town with my mother and brother because I needed to get books for school and I was meeting friends later on. Anyway, my mother, brother and I went to Coffee Central in the market to meet my aunt for, well, coffee. This particular coffee house is a a counter on a corner with about 6 seats. Due to the fact that it was written about in a newspaper recently my mother loves the place. Personally I would prefer somewhere with an adequate level of seating, but not my mother. The place was full, so I said 'Can we not just go to Butlers? I dunno why you're so obsessed with this place,' to which my mother replied 'I am not obsessed. There is a smaller cp of coffee here and it is much nicer.' Whatever. So basically she ended up telling my aunt and I to goo for coffee ourselves and she'd meet me in half an hour to get my books and proceeded to storm off. Oh the joys.

I met her, got the money, bought the books, which came to €19 more than the €100 she had given me. She did pay me, albeit a tad reluctantly, and left without so much as a 'See you later.' And yesterday when I got home she wasn't angry with me, but just, well, nothing. Completely indifferent towards me. It's amusing at times. Like this morning, she said 'I wasn't going to talk to you, but there's a glass on your table so put it outside before the mildew starts growing on it.' Obsessed with the focking mildew she is. A bit like the way she's obsessed with Coffee Central.

The ironic thing in all of this is the fact that she has 'washed her hands of me' for the most insignificant of reasons. If I'd been caught drinking, or didn't come home some night, or went off the rails fine. But because I didn't want to go for coffee next door to raw chickens? It makes me laugh.

I'm hoping something positive will come of this, like her telling me I have to get out of here once I'm finished school. But she hasn't washed her hands of me that much...yet.
0 Responses

Post a Comment